The SWAS Australian Rules Football Sports program is recognised as the premier regional football talent program in Western Australia.
Adopting the principles of long-term athlete development, the program’s primary goal is to enhance the elite level prospects of the South West region’s most talented footballers by providing them with:
- Screenings by a sports doctor.
- Musculoskeletal screening services.
- Rehabilitation as required.
- Specialised and individualised coaching services from the region’s best youth coaches, focusing on individual needs.
- Specialised and individualised coaching services provided by State Academy, AFL and WAFL club coaching staff.
- An elite level training environment where players are extended and challenged beyond their existing skill set.
- Access to current fitness and skills testing and analysis.
- Direct access to the Australian Rules Football talent pathway.
- Life skills education in the areas of nutrition, performance skills training, best practice recovery techniques and public speaking workshops.
- Individualised conditioning programs based on fitness testing results.
- Individualised core and basic strength programs based on individual needs and level of ability.
- In addition to addressing sport specific needs, the program also aims to develop community-minded and self-sufficient young men.
Glenn Omodei (WAFC Football Development Manager, SW Region)
Jamie Douse (Head Coach / WAFC SW Talent and Coaching)
Adam Shine (Assistant Coach)